Monday, November 5, 2007

Where I'm at


I made a decision to push forward to Chapter 3 and just fix the problems with chapter 2 after I generate more momentum. 3 is not one of the chapters that I happen to have an earlier draft for. Well, actually I did have an earlier draft, but I misplaced it between hard drives/computers somewhere along the way.

This one was known as "The Ghost in the Bluescreen" and it disappeared in a rather ghostlike fashion. The hard thing has been making sure I get the time and energy to get it moving.

Over the weekend, I had a story accepted by the Summerset Review. That was definitely encouraging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled at your getting a story accepted! And also totally hurraying at your deciding to get after Chapter 3 before 'perfecting' Chapter 2.

For one thing, as you reel off the chapters, you'll come back to Chapters 2 etc with a really better sense of where they fit in the bigger scheme which has unfolded for you.

Chancelucky said...

Thanks Mr. Pogblog.

After I finished the draft of Chapter 3, it definitely felt like the right decision. It just wasn't the time to get bogged down. It's more important to generate momentum into the story.

It's interesting to me. As much as I've thought this through, you never really know where it's going to go. Yes, I can get there better, but it's easier to fix your path once you've explored ahead more, because that gives you a better idea where you're going or at least trying to go.